RxC International’s experience in the Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) market has driven us to ask key questions about future products in the dry AMD market. We collaborate with our clients to identify the best pathway for development and commercialization.
GA - Dry AMD
Geographic Atrophy (GA – Dry AMD) is an advanced form of AMD and is a progressive, irreversible and blinding disease affecting ~4.4M people worldwide. GA represents a significant unmet medical need as there are no approved treatments for either onset or progression of this condition. Emerging research is helping identify patients with higher risk for both development and rapid progression of GA. The therapeutic frontrunners for GA are complement inhibitors.
Key Questions for Dry AMD Product Development
- How best to address the significant unmet medical need in GA?
- What are the best targets to develop medical therapies for GA?
- How to develop a biomarker to diagnose GA and to track disease progression?
- What primary and secondary endpoints (PROs) should be considered for clinical studies?
- How to structure clinical studies to gain regulatory approval?
- How to show clinical and economic value of GA therapies and gain competitive advantage?
LEARN HOW WE CAN HELP YOU NAVIGATE YOUR PATHWAY TO COMMERCIALIZATION
About RxC International
RxC International has done significant work in GA to address the questions above. These projects range from strategic market assessments to life cycle opportunities to valuation of assets in AMD therapeutic areas. To learn how we can assist your company with developing and commercializing wet and dry AMD therapies, please contact us.